Global vs. Scoped Contact List:
- When a user adds a new contact, that contact is shared between all branch locations.
- Accounts are set-up with Global Contact List view by default.
With a Scoped Contact List, your account users see only contacts that are relevant to their location/group. If you do not have many customers cross shopping between your locations, this ensures that only relevant customer contacts are shown to each user.
- When a user adds a new contact (John Doe), that contact will only show for users who have access to that branch location.
- Therefore, if a user at another location adds contractor John Doe as a contact, his contact will not show to users in another branch location unless John Doe texts to that particular branch location as well.
- Admins always have access to all customer information.